Thursday 1 March 2018

Reasons to be Cheerful: Proud mum, parkrun, hair cut and snow #R2BC

R2BC at Mummy from the Heart

A new month means a new host so its back to Michelle! Please pop over to her blog and say hello. I am writing this as the snow is gently falling as Kendal seems to have (so far) avoided the full impact of the Beast from the East or Storm Emma. Here are my reasons to be cheerful for this week:

1) Proud Mum

My son went to the last Sportshall competition in Blackpool with gramps this Sunday. He finally achieved his first place in the chest push by equalling his PB of 6.75 m! He had to return his club under 11 trophy this week and if he got his maths right then he may have won it again thanks to that 1st place (we have to wait to see!):


2) Sunny parkrun

It was just beautiful down at Fell Foot on Saturday. Although it was so cold my legs were still not warm after 5 km! I took a head cam video of the route which hopefully shows you how beautiful it is:


After running I took this shot from the end of the jetty:

Fell Foot park

3) Hair cut

I hadn't had my hair cut since September (shock horror!) so I finally got round to booking myself in to get tidied up. I was advised that I might have an iron deficiency which is making my hair thinner so I am trying to take my vitamins to give me a boost:




4) Snow!

I love snow although it is playing havoc with appointments and meetings. One child has a closed school and one is open. I took time to walk one to school and came back via the castle which looks magical in a winter cover:

Kendal Castle

There will be a full snow post tomorrow.

Meanwhile I look forward to joining in with the blog hop and reading everyone else's happy posts.

3 comments:

  1. Gosh the castle does look magical with the snow, those panoramic photos are great. Well done to your son on his win and Miss E has convinced me to go and parkrun with her once the weather is nicer! Although I may park walk! lol Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely hair cut. The snow does make everything look magical but the Lake District is magical anyway so you get a double dose of magic. Have a lovely weekend. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done to your son, and wonderful photos as usual, including your beautiful new haircut, glad you got to take some time for yourself xx

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message