Wednesday 27 September 2017

Quick and Easy Cupcakes

Baking doesn't need to take ages or be complicated. In 30 minutes I rustled up a dozen cupcakes with a very simple recipe. All it needed was:

  • 3 oz (85 grams) self raising flour
  • 1 oz (29 grams)cocoa powder
  • 4 oz (114 grams) caster sugar
  • 4 oz (114 grams) margarine
  • 2 eggs
  • a large spoon of liquid coffee:


The flour and cocoa were sifted into the bowl then everything else was just chucked in:


Then they were whisked until creamy and they fall off the blades:


I then baked them in the oven for 15 minutes at gas mark 5 (190C/375F):


Whilst they were cooking I had enough ingredients left over for half the quantity of cakes:

  • 2 oz (57 grams) self raising flour
  • 42 oz (57 grams) caster sugar
  • 2 oz (57 grams) margarine
  • 1 egg
  • a spoon of vanilla essence:


  • Once again I sifted the flour and then chucked everything else in:


    The mixture becomes nice and smooth:


    Then baked them in the oven for 15 minutes at gas mark 5 (190C/375F):


    Why not try it out then tell me how you got on?


    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    I love it when people leave a message