Thursday 21 May 2015

Reasons to be Cheerful: Decorating and Running #R2BC

Ojos World


The lovely Jo at Ojo's World came to the rescue when I couldn't get the linky up in time today! Thank you angel xxx. Here are my reasons to be cheerful this week:

1) Busy Cub

My son came home from cubs this week with a backlog of badges as Akela had been stocking up. See if you can work out what they all are:


2) Running

I got out for a decent run for the first time since April 26th today! Having signed up for a virtual race that needed to be done this month I had to get out there... I was so happy to be running that I shot off pretty quick but then eased off after a couple of kilometres as my stamina wasn't too good. A reasonable 5 k time of 34 minutes which was only 3 minutes off my PB. Hopefully I can get out during the holiday next week.. This is how pleased I was to finish:



3) House move

Both my parents have been working really hard on trying to get the new house ready for us to move into. This weekend the children both did their bit by helping to paint the kitchen:



Some boxes of kitchen bits have already moved in to their new cupboards and drawers which makes it all feel real! More stuff has been packed up at home too even though its a slow and steady job.

What is making you happy this week?


6 comments:

  1. a few on Instagram already https://instagram.com/lakessinglemum/ but more will come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops I was logged on Disqus as my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you xx I was just so happy to finally run - endorphins pumping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bright Side of Life22 May 2015 at 08:12

    Here I sit stuffing my face with M&Ms that I purchased from Duty Free AND feeling very guilty because I should be running like you! Can wait to see pictures of your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do look happy to have finished that run! I bet the kids enjoyed the painting. Good luck with the move hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd of lasted a couple of Metres haha! Always happy to come to the rescue, I know you are crazy busy right now. Can't wait to see the house, when it's all done x

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message