Wednesday 8 October 2014

Workout Wednesday: A wet one!

Its hard for me to believe sometimes how much I miss running when I can't do it! Having to take of my children more nights this week plus being unwell meant that I went a whole week between runs. My body missed the kick of endorphins and I was definitely feeling a bit down and struggling with sleep. So tonight even though it was starting to drizzle I headed out of the door...

As I followed the next step of the 10 k training programme I really felt energised and ran the fastest I have this side of the summer holidays. I was getting wetter and wetter as the rain got heavier but this seemed to boost my running instead of slowing me down! The schedule was for 25 minutes of running then a 3 minute walk and a further 15 minute run. I wasn't sure that I would achieve this but in fact I managed to cover a slightly longer distance than the week before when I had a 4.5 minute walk in between.

I think you can tell I was pleased with myself:



Onwards and upwards and I just hope I don't have to wait a week for the next one..



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message