Thursday 20 September 2012

Reasons to be Cheerful: With letters Q and R ( #R2BC )

Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart
Michelle has given us the letters Q (if we are brave!) and R (if not so brave) as prompts for the linky this week. So being me I'll have to try both!

Q for quiet time




Last Friday I was feeling so shattered I actually took the time to buy a takeout coffee and a local paper from the village post office. I then sat in my car enjoying the 2 together. It's amazing what a difference 20 minutes of total chilling can make!

 

R for rainbows




The good side about the wet weather is the number of rainbows I have seen this week. There is something about a rainbow that is almost a cast iron guarantee of a smile.

 

R for a ripping read

I was sent the latest book by local author Gill Jepson. I loved her debut novel for teenagers set at Furness Abbey. Her second book Guy the Grumpy Gargoyle is also based at the abbey but is aimed at younger children.

The book tells the story of Guy from the building of the abbey, the dissolution and how some animal friends make him happy again. It was a lovely story to read to my 5 year old at bed time. He loved joining in with appropriate noises or actions.

The book really held his attention and he really enjoyed it. At one point he said it was the best book ever!





That's about all I can think of right now so please go and check out the rest of the hop:

 



4 comments:

  1. The rainbow picture is lovely!
    Will look the book up now for a nosy, two keen little readers here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen a few rainbows this Summer too - always brighten up the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Mini Mes and Me has left a new comment on your post "Reasons to be Cheerful: With letters Q and R ( #R2...":

    The rainbow picture is lovely!
    Will look the book up now for a nosy, two keen little readers here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love reasons - the rainbow looks fab!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message